6.11.07

Look at me!! I'm networking!!!

As a very special belated birthday present, Ravelry notified me last night that I was accepted. Since then I've been very busy exploring and setting up my profile stuff. I have a feeling its going to be much more organized than my attempted list making here. It's super awesome, and if you haven't put your name on the waiting list yet, you should. This place is going to blow the internet out of the water, Chuck Norris style. :-D

Also, I let my friend Katie make me a facebook. Hell just froze over. And I explained to her that Ravelry is like a facebook for knitters, she wasn't terrible enthused, but patiently sat through my explanations and demonstrations. I love that girl. :) She tries to understand, or at least pretends to.

And as promised I finally charged my camera and photographed some stuff. I'm not sure if I've been super productive and didn't know it, or just really bad at keeping my camera charged.

Here is my handspun--




Thats right. That nasty blue/orange combination of handspun I made, has been knitted up. I felt obligated to make something with it, since its my first handspun and all, and I already had plans for the next two I spun.



An earwarmer is about the only thing I had enough yardage to make, since I spun it so bulky. It is very warm though. And I did wear it in public, so I guess it isn't that bad.



This is my second ever skein of yarn that I've spun. As you can see it's much improved. The yarn is much thinner, and the Plies are actually sticking together, unlike the above yarn, whose plies came appart whenever I knit into a stitch. Also, I adore the natural grey. The white below I spun today at work. I mentioned that I was learning and they didn't understand how it worked from my decription (its kind of self explanitory, but I guess they were expecting it to be more involved and difficult) so I brought my drop spindle and the next ball of roving in to show them how its done. With the white and the grey I'm thinking I should have enough for mittens, perhaps inspired by my new book Scottish Highland Knits.


IF you'll kindly notice, I did in fact snap that picture in the midst of blogging. Thats how badly I suck at photo documenation.


I also ordered some yarn from ebay. The Blue Goose Glen in TN sent me some lovely vanilla and mint (seperately, not together) merino yarn that I won in the ebay bid. I believe they have an online store as well as an ebay store. It's lovely soft and came well packaged.

No comments: